So I announced on Facebook that I’d be sharing a secret of mine on the blog today. Most wouldn’t find it that intriguing or exciting but as it’s a weight busting my shoulders to pieces, I thought I’d share.
As my followers would know, I’m a copywriter and Mum. What you might not know (unless you read my very early posts quite thoroughly) is that I’m also a Registered Nurse. I started nursing in 2001 and in that time, have gained a wealth of experience. I always felt drawn to nursing, in the same way that I love writing and what it does for my soul.
So my secret is, I think I’m at a crossroads and want to give Nursing away. I studied so hard to get where I ended up and I’m getting down on myself about that. But I think I’ve lost a bit of love for the profession that once I only had eyes and a heart for.
I want to write full time until I finish my current Masters program and then beyond. How do I do that?! Do I have the guts to take that leap and work for myself? Scary. Very scary.
That’s my secret. I’m scared and I’m confused but for pretty exciting reasons.
Can you give me any tips on how I come to make the right decision for me and for my family? Do I listen to my brain which tells me to go back to Oncology or my heart, which tells me that writing is it and a bit…… help!
Researching, reading and writing- this is my life and I wouldn’t change it. Occasionally, I’ll stumble upon reads that are too insightful not to share, so here you are, grab a cuppa and take notes.
- BRW– reinforcing the need for quality content (now this is what I want to see!) http://goo.gl/HSdkel
- Startup Smart’s take on the social media news fresh-to-biz business owners must be aware of http://goo.gl/Vpyxip
- Ruby Connection present some noteworthy legal points as to how and what you share on social media http://goo.gl/AQsm7R
- Insurance Business Online explore the potentially harmful effects of ignoring social media as a business owner http://goo.gl/LT7VYA
- Unashamedly Creative take aim at which business owners have taken over which social media platforms http://goo.gl/Vu1YnG (I don’t necessarily agree with the idea of ditching Facebook just yet, but I’ll let you form your own opinion of course……)
What have you been researching this week? I’m always keen to read and share articles that I think will assist others in the journey we are all sharing.
Which social media platforms work best for you? Which are your favourites and why? Which are more suited to your personal and professional endeavours?
Stay tuned this week for my take on where social media interest is headed in the coming months……
Follow me on Facebook
Send me an email email@example.com
Click the above link to download your copy of the finale to my mini series- 100 Cures for Blogger’s Block
Thanks for all of your supportive comments, I appreciate the love you share!
Little Red Writing Solutions